Events run by Hilary ...
Delivery, assessment and quality assurance events
Hilary runs events looking at current changes within the FE & Skills sector and what these mean in practice for those involved vocational training, assessment and quality assurance.
This year Hilary ran a series of workshops focused on apprenticeships aimed at practitioners and their trainers. These were small, friendly groups where participants appreciated the opportunity to discuss questions and challenges in an informal environment with others facing similar issues.
Venues for these events are provided by training providers in exchange for free places to keep costs to a minimum.
Examples of workshops Hilary offers are:
- Changes to the Education Inspection Framework
- Where we are with T Levels
- Embedding and contextualising Functional Skills
- Vocational curriculum planning
- Back to basics with vocational assessing
- Changes to the assessor role within apprenticeships
- The role of the on-programme coach assessor
If you and your staff are interested in any of the topics and would like to offer a venue, you can email Hilary here.
Hilary also runs:
- Updating for vocational assessors, IQAs, EQAs and teachers/trainers including those involved in apprenticeships’ delivery
- Practitioner conferences such as the example below.
- In-house CPD events for teachers, trainers, assessors and those responsible for quality
- Keynote speaker: Hilary speaks at national conferences and network meetings on current changes affecting the sector and the implications for teaching and assessment practice.
If you would like Hilary to run an event for you, contact her here.
” I had the pleasure of listening to Hilary deliver and outstanding presentation on end-point assessment at the recent ‘Are you ready for The Apprenticeships Levy?’ conference. She used slides that gave us a close look at what the future will be for practitioners in this area. Comments from colleagues confirmed that they too found this a most interesting presentation from the ground. I would certainly recommend using Hilary for training staff and for explaining what practice should look like for all of us involved in the delivery and assessment of apprenticeships.”
Salman Khan, CEO Training and Recruitment at KBM Ltd.
Embracing change conference
Hilary and Ann recently organised a national conference on embracing change within the FE and Skills sector. The conference included key speakers, workshops and exhibitors. All attendees received a copy of Hilary and Ann’s book: The best vocational trainer’s guide.
Topics for discussion included:
Apprenticeships, Functional Skills, Technology, Technical Qualifications (T-levels), British Values, Prevent Duty, Professional Standards – and how these impact upon the role of the FE and skills’ practitioner.
“This was a brilliant event and I appreciated the informality and the opportunity to meet others in the same profession and to reinforce that feeling that you are not working in isolation. The way the talks were organised was really informative and answered what I suspect most of the people in the room were wondering about concerning the future and uncertainty within our sector.”
Joanna Rassello, Programme Leader Teacher Education, Blackpool and Fylde University Centre.